Current Employment Opportunities
Sales Coordinator – Full Time
The Sales Coordinator serves as a liaison between Florida Public Media staff, media buyers, and station sales and traffic staffs. The Sales Coordinator assists the FPM sales team processing, placing and maintaining underwriting orders and makegoods, and assisting the sales staff by generating new sales leads while providing customer service to existing clients. This staff member will ensure traffic and production deadlines are met. The Sales Coordinator also will work closely with the Florida Public Media business office.
The Sales Coordinator will:
- Enter and revise underwriting orders
- Communicate copy/creative deadlines to clients
- Work with stations and clients to approve copy/creative
- Distribute creative content and new/revised orders to stations
- Communicate effectively with clients and stations about creative, orders, and revisions
- Confirm correct placement of new and revised orders
- Ensure client and station deadlines throughout the process are met
- Review sales order for accuracy and completeness
- Troubleshoot problems with sales orders and makegoods
- Support processing makegoods and missed spots
Duties and Responsibilities
In addition the above functions, the Sales Coordinator will:
- work collegially in a team-based environment
- partner with sales staff to broaden initiatives and expand sales
- support sales staff by providing appropriate research
- gather and distribute information to clients, stations and staff
- stay abreast of public broadcasting industry trends
- display customer-friendly service to all stakeholders
The Sales Coordinator must be able to:
- communicate effectively in written and oral forms
- use a computer
- type using a computer keyboard
- learn and operate traditional software and specialty broadcasting software
- hear audio and see video
- work in dynamic, deadline-driven business environment
- manage volumes of detailed data
- work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- reflect appreciation and commitment to sales
- access reliable transportation
- work various hours including some nights, weekend or holidays
- Two or more years in an administrative or sales role
- Associate degree or two years equivalent, relevant, work experience
- Experience in broadcasting sales or traffic operations
- Business, marketing or broadcasting degree
- Act in accordance with organization’s policies and practices
- Communicate effectively with staff, stations and clients
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Maintain professional relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service
- Use various business and broadcasting software
- Demonstrate ethical behavior
- Exercise good judgment for prompt completion of responsibilities
Must be able to work in a constantly changing environment with demonstrated ability to communicate appropriately and juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands while seeking supervisory assistance as appropriate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit; use hands; talk and hear; read a computer screen and use a computer keyboard.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of a business office environment and representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually mild.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 6, 2019.